Monday, June 17, 2013

Tomato Cheese Galette


I must confess, I made this last summer when we did the berry galette for Tuesdays with Dorie.  I made both as a dinner-dessert combo; what a fabulously summer meal that was.  I plan to recreate it multiple times this summer as soon as my tomatoes ripen.

Until then, I plan on playing with different fillings as this dough/ recipe begs to.  This is my go-to galette dough recipe.  I find it simple and easy to work with, and I love the addition of the cornmeal.   And galettes are so much easier, so much more forgiving to work with than pies.  They are the lazy person's pie. And they are still show-stoppers; perfect to bring over to a BBQ or a small dinner outing.



CFR

This recipe is part of the Tuesday with Dorie baking group, baking our way through Baking with Julia, by Dorie Greenspan.

Rhiannon eating an ice cream cone as big as her head.  (At least it had real, fresh strawberries in it.)


8 comments:

  1. I like the look of the yellow tomatoes. That ice cream is huge! She is getting so big herself - adorable picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - this is waaaayyyy easier than getting a pie together.
    Love the picture of your ice cream eater :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what lovely yellow tomatoes you have. i'm happy to have an extra ball of galette dough in my freezer so I can make another. that ice cream cone looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yellow tomatoes! Looks great. It really is a good recipe for the dough. I look forward to making it again and having it on hand as a go to recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post with such a sweet finishing touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The recipe does lend itself to tweaking and using whatever is on hand; I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the colour of your yellow tomatoes! And I want that ice cream cone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the yellow tomatoes! I planted one yellow tomato this year. I hope it grows.

    ReplyDelete