So Saturday came and went and I didn't even think about the recipe. Not even once.
|The proofed sponge.|
The dough chilled overnight and Monday is a day off of work for me, so I was around the house enough to piece together the rest of the recipe throughout the day. I wound up eating my Pecan Sticky Bun at 9pm on Monday night with a glass of milk (I debated whether or not to pair it with a glass of wine). Not quite like I had envisioned in the morning with a cup of coffee but it was glorious. And it was fun. And it was way better than anything I could have bought.
|Ready to bake.|
- I pretty much followed the recipe without variation.
- I used all the butter. And I laminated the dough. I would do the same next time.
- I upped the cinnamon to 1/2 tsp and I am glad I did.
- The mixer I borrowed was a Kitchen Aid Professional Series mixer and it didn't even break a sweat.
- I have 1/2 the recipe in my freezer- maybe this one will be made for breakfast!
- On one roll, I didn't trim the end and the bun came out all whompus so I would definitely trim all ends.
|Look at all that butter!|
For the complete recipe see our hosts:
Nicole of Cookies on Friday
Eat Drink Man Woman Dogs Cat