Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Ka'kat and Matzos



Things do not always turn out as expected.   Or as planned.   A common truth, played out perfectly by the last two recipes for Tuesdays with Dorie.

Ka'kat, this months recipe was a much anticipated recipe.  A street food, similar to the american soft pretzel?  What could be better?

And last months, Matzos, a somewhat dreaded recipe.  Dry unleavened bread… I'll pass.


As unpredicted, the matzos were crispy and thin and delicious.  My kiddos ate them up and asked for more.  They were only made more delicious with some cream cheese spread.

The Ka'kat turned out overdone and underwhelming.  The kiddos ate them, sure, but the leftovers sat untouched for days.

It is true, I think I may have just baked the Ka'Kat too long, and they may need another fair shake.  Maybe then, they will match Matzos level of anticipation.







Rhiannon, making Matzos






4 comments:

  1. That's funny - I posted both of those recipes in one post too :-) Nice color on the matzoh.
    I enjoyed both, but I do think the ka-kat could have stood a little extra flavor boost. (I baked them a few minutes less than called for and they were just right when I pulled them out of the oven).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Rhiannon helped out on the matzos with her little rolling pin! I really liked the ka'kat (yours did get a lot more color than mine)...give us an update if you try them again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny. Your motzos are fabulous and your Ka'kat look great! I was really happy with both. Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny. Your motzos are fabulous and your Ka'kat look great! I was really happy with both. Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete